"Your life doesn't get better by chance, It gets better by CHANGE."
As many of you are aware, I have a fascination with butterflies... it's a long story, and one that few people know the background of. Yesterday as we were getting ready to welcome in the new year, my bonus daughter, Elizabeth, reminded me that one of the things that butterflies represent is... CHANGE. Then this morning I noticed my sister, Maria, had posted a reflection that included an invitation to come up with my own theme for 2014. "Change" was again impressed upon my mind. To be perfectly honest, change normally terrifies me. I am a creature of habit and find that I function well with routines. However, my heart is open to the exciting possibilities that positive changes can bring, and I know that is what the Atonement of Our Savior, Jesus Christ, is all about... Change, or Becoming. It is an eternal principle of progression.
I don't know what the future holds or what this year will bring... I do know that as I use my themes from the past 3 years, (Faith, Hope, and Trust), and combine them with "Change", doors and opportunities will open for me to experience new growth.