
My dear friend and her family shared a special gift with us this year...the twelve days of Christmas! It was so fun getting packages on our doorstep each day, wondering what we would find...
"On the first day of Christmas your true friends gave to you: 1 popcorn tin to be enjoyed by all!"
"On the second day of Christmas your true friends gave to you: 2 treats for snacking"
"On the third day of Christmas your true friends gave to you: 3 packages of spaghetti"
"On the fourth day of Christmas your true friends gave to you: 4 jars of spaghetti sauce"
"On the fifth day of Christmas your true friends gave to you: 5 boxes of rice-a-roni"
"On the sixth day of Christmas your true friends gave to you: 6 things for movies at home"
"On the seventh day of Christmas your true friends gave to you: 7 boxes of cereal"
"On the eighth day of Christmas your true friends gave to you: 8 things for a turkey dinner"
"On the ninth day of Christmas your true friends gave to you: 9 things for taco soup"
"On the tenth day of Christmas your true friends gave to you: 10 cup-a-noodles"
"On the eleventh day of Christmas your true friends gave to you: 11 boxes of Mac and Cheese"
"On the twelfth day of Christmas your true friends gave to you: 12 cinnamon rolls"

Thank you Amy! Your kindness has meant so much to me! Thanks for including us in your Christmas... May you and your sweet family be blessed...
(Dec 16) Wedding bells are ringing...
Today Andrew and Elizabeth were married in the Draper Temple! What an incredible experience! I'm so grateful Andrew found Liz... she is an amazing woman!
(Aug 22) Smile for the camera...

Incredibly* we were all able to get together for a few rare family photos... before Tom heads back to Snow College and Andrew gets married!
(*Which means I begged and pleaded -wink! wink!-)
(Aug. 9) Andrew's Engaged...!
Today Andrew and Elizabeth Gibson became officially engaged! -Yeah!- They have chosen December 16th to be married/sealed in the Draper Utah Temple... so save the date! -smile-

Summer Activities...


(May 29) Aspen Grove...
Tom, Alan, Spencer, Monica, Melinda, and I had the opportunity to spend an enjoyable and refreshing couple of days at the BYU Single-Parent Family Camp held at Aspen Grove, (made possible by generous donors). We were able to sleep 2 nights in a heated cabin, as well as enjoy delicious meals, structured activities, free time, a guest gospel lecturer (for me), a family dance, and a young adult dance. The event culminated this morning with an incredible Testimony Meeting that left me in tears... again. -sigh- What a wonderful blessing to be able to spend some quality time with my children surrounded by gorgeous mountain scenery!
Heavenly Father continues to bless me and my children...
(April 4) A weekend to remember...
On an exciting note: I was awarded a new position in the Alpine School District today! It doesn't begin until August, so I will finish out the school year at Lakeridge and then begin my new job at the start of the 2011-12 school year. I'm looking forward to new opportunities of responsibility, experience, and friendship!
I thoroughly enjoyed General Conference again, (can't wait to get the Ensign conference edition), and am grateful that all of my children were able to share at least one of the sessions and a meal with me! -smile- I love them dearly!
We are truly blessed to live in this time/place where the Gospel is so readily available! Of course that also means that the Lord expects much of us...
(Mar 10) What is a Friend?
I googled "Friend" and found this description: "Friendship is the cooperative and supportive relationship between people... In this sense, the term connotes a relationship which involves mutual knowledge, esteem, affection, and respect along with a degree of rendering service to friends in times of need or crisis." [en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friend]
...then looked in the scriptures and found: "Thy friends do stand by thee..."
[Doctrine & Covenants 121:9]
I have been assisted, supported, sustained, encouraged, uplifted, and strengthened by truly amazing friends! I pray that one day I may be that kind of friend!
(Feb 22) Do we have a birthday here?!
Yup. It's official... I'm getting old! However, the good news is that I still feel young, (for the most part)! -smile- Each new day I am reminded of the blessings that Heavenly Father continues to bless me with... I am so very grateful! I splurged for my birthday and ordered the DVD, Yanni Live At The Acropolis. My favoite song on it is entitled, "One Man's Dream", followed closely by, "Felitsa", (a song he wrote for his mother), and "Until The Last Moment".
(Feb 2) Bitter/sweet...
I think I will never remember "Groundhog Day" in quite the same way... after an extremely difficult and long journey, Brian and I are now officially divorced. (The judge signed the papers this morning.) I am so grateful for the many miracles that accompanied this very painful process, and am determined to continue pressing forward, and upward.
(Jan 17) Dazzling smile...

Monica was absolutely thrilled to finally get her braces off! She has been pretty faithful in avoiding the foods that were prohibited, (like carbonated drinks and nuts), and is now excited to be able to enjoy them again.
(Jan 7) Angels among us...

Two of my dear friends knew that I was emotionally drained after a very difficult day yesterday, and surprised me at work with this beautiful bouquet of flowers! They are truly examples to me of covenant women who are willing to "...comfort those that stand in need of comfort..." [Mosiah 18:9]. -Thank you Amy and Kathy!-
(Jan 1) New Year pondering (Faith...)
I heard something interesting this morning that has started me thinking... (I know, I know, that can be a dangerous thing to do -smile-) A man said something to the effect that there is a common philosophy among people that no matter what we do in this life, because Christ loves us, it's all ok... however, cheap Grace produces cheap Christians. (I'm reminded of the prophet Nephi in The Book of Mormon - 2 Nephi 28:7-10.) He went on to say that the price that Our Savior paid for the Atonement was not cheap, but Very COSTLY, and that those who are truly converted have a change of heart and are willing to go through anything if it means really coming to know Our Savior! It made me think of the pioneers who sacrificed everything for their Faith, and yet, according to them, the price they paid was worth it! I pray that I may develop that kind of Faith, especially as I begin this new year!




